History: The Arts Center was founded in 2000, in Randolph County, West Virginia. The historic building was purchased, renovated and opened in 2001. The historic building was constructed in 1928 and designed by architect Walter F. Martens. Saint Brendan's Catholic Church served the community at this location until 1999. Features of the building include local quarried sandstone blocks on the outside with a border of stone relief angels around the building. Due to the artistic nature of the religious iconography, it remains unaltered in the nave.