Art Center News...
Exhibits <click for more info
CALL TO ARTISTS..entries needed for the 1960's Exhibit. Link for details.
Concerts: Please view our concerts tab for upcoming Free Lunch Concerts and stay tuned for our summer series.
New Membership Opportunities Please visit the Membership page here for details!
Arts Education Mini Summer Camps, Workshops and Classes for adults, teens and kids. Register quickly.
- The Arts Center received the 2016 Governor's Award for Excellence in the Arts!
- Preparations began for our new Stained Glass Studio at One Park Street.
The Arts Center is registered with Amazon Smile. Amazon donates a percentage to The Arts Center with every purchase you make.
The Arts Center
The Randolph County Community Arts Council (RCCAC) is a non-profit organization promoting and supporting the arts in Randolph County and surrounding areas. The Arts Center is located at the corner of Randolph Avenue and Park Street in Elkins, West Virginia.
The mission of the Arts Center is to enhance the cultural and economic life of our region by providing facilities and arts programming that will entertain, educate, and inspire all of our citizens.
The RCCAC will be a leader in the cultural life of our region by:
- providing arts education opportunities that will develop individual creativity and artistic expression
- presenting high quality art exhibits and musical performances from an eclectic mix of genres; and
- hosting a wide variety of community activities and events.
History: The Arts Center was founded in 2000, in Randolph County, West Virginia. The historic building was purchased, renovated and opened in 2001. The historic building was constructed in 1928 and designed by architect Walter F. Martens. Saint Brendan's Catholic Church served the community at this location until 1999. Features of the building include local quarried sandstone blocks on the outside with a border of stone relief angels around the building. Due to the artistic nature of the religious iconography, it remains unaltered in the nave.