Tuesday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm
Mondays and Evenings, by Appointment
Exhibits for 2018
Poetry Celebration and Maggi Rhudy Solo Exhibit
Opens: Friday, April 6, 2018, from 7 to 9 pm
Artwork inspired by poetry to celebrate National Poetry Month in April of 2018. Maggi Rhudy's work is featured in the Maxwell Gallery. There will be weekly readings in April; schedule will post when confirmed.
- displays until April 27, 2018.
Student Art Exhibit
Sponsored by Kiwanis Club of Elkins
Opens: Friday, May 4, 2018, 4 to 6 pm
This exhibit provides students and teachers an opportunity to display creative work from a classroom in a highly public place that honors their work as an effective path to learning and knowledge for all. In addition, it gives students a chance to shine exhibiting their work in a gallery. The instructors of students will exhibit their art in the Maxwell Gallery.
- Displays until May 25, 2018.
Hooked Rug Exhibit by June Myles and Shawn Ann Schaffler Solo Exhibit
Opens Friday, June 1, 2018, from 5 to 7 pm.
This exhibit will display until June 29, 2018.
Juried Photography Exhibit and Noodie Runner solo exhibit: this juried
Opens Friday, July 13, 2018, from 5 to 7 pm
This exhibit features photography from photographers in various styles of photography. This is the second photography exhibit at The Arts Center. Noodie Runner's solo exhibit will be featured in the Maxwell Gallery
2018 Annual Gala Juried Fine Arts Exhibit
Opens Friday, September 7, 2018, from 6 to 10 pm, Ticket Price TBA
Sponsored by ERCC
Our annual exhibit features "fine arts" from artists everywhere. Our opening reception coincides with our annual fundraiser. Ticket costs for the reception/fundraiser will be announced soon. The exhibit will pre-open to the public on Friday, August 31, 2018, during normal Gallery Hours.
- Opening reception/fundraiser is Friday, September 7, 2018, from 6 to 10 pm. Awards will be announced at the reception. 50/50 Raffle, live music, dinner, dessert, dancing, art opening, and good company! Ticket Price TBA.
2018 Mountain State Forest Festival Annual Juried Arts Exhibit and John Warner solo exhibit
Opens Wednesday, October 3, from 6 to 8 pm
features artwork from artists throughout West Virginia. This exhibit was originally founded by Seneca Trail Artists Guild, but since adopted by The Arts Center. Sponsors include the MSFF, STAG and Talbot Frame Shop. More details soon. This exhibit displays until October 26, until 4 pm.
The Arts Center's Members Only Exhibit and Ruth Blackwell Rogers solo exhibit:
Opens Friday November 9, 2018. Time TBA. This exhibit displays until December 7, 2018.
features artwork from Arts Center Members. Ruth Blackwell Rogers will have a solo exhibit in the Maxwell Gallery. More details soon.
West Virginia Watercolor Society Exhibit and Sara Ward solo exhibit: More details soon.
Opening reception is Friday, December 14, 2018. Time TBA. This exhibit hangs into January 2019.
The Arts Center has a full exhibit schedule through 2018 and into 2019.
2017 Completed Exhibits
- Log Cabin Quilters, December 8 to January 26, 2018. Solo Exhibit featured Katy McClane.
- Members Exhibit and Andrew Thorne Solo Exhibit completed December 2017
- Annual MSFF Juried Exhibit completed October 2017
- Annual Gala Exhibit
- Don Hall & His Contemporaries, July of 2017
- The Arts Center Student Exhibit for Randolph County, k-12, May of 2017
- The Art of Poetry, completed in April of 2017
- D&E Student Exhibit, February of 2017
- Robert C. Byrd Traveling Exhibit, February and March of 2017